iOS App Development Tutorial Section
This iOS app development tutorial will teach you how to build a nifty memory game with Swift and SpriteKit.
You will learn the syntax of Swift, the latest most-efficient language used to develop for iOS, as well as important design patterns and best practices. By the end of the course, you should be able to understand and recreate many of the features seen on popular iOS games and extend that knowledge to making apps of your own.
In this course, you will be building a complete game from scratch and turn it into a fully functional memory card matching game. We will be covering different topics:
- Learn Swift, the language used to develop all native iOS and Mac apps.
- The latest technology platforms from Apple: iOS8 and XCode 6.
- GameKit: Learn how to create world leaderboard, authenticate the user to the Apple Game Center, and submit best scores.
- Storyboard: Learn how to create custom launch screens using Apple’s graphical interface builder.
- Rate & Review App: learn how to use a third party Objective-C library that let the user rate and review your app, by creating a bridge from Objective-C to Swift.
- Internal data storage: Learn how to store game data settings on your device and how to retrieve them.
- iAD: Learn how to monetize your app or game using their advertising banner.
- Icons: learn how to add your very own icons.
- Sounds: learn how to add sound files and play them.
This is page 1 of 4