iOS App Development Tutorial Section
Turn your Cocos2d iOS game into 64 bit
In this iOS programming tutorial, you are going to learn how to turn your Cocos2d iOS game into 64-bit.
As of February 01, 2015, every single game that you publish, will need to have a 64 bit compliance. Cocos2D was only 32 bit. You needed somehow to find a way to make it 64 bits.
This is what we're going to explain to you in this video tutorial.
1. Introduction to Cocos2d 64 bit compliance
Overview of the need for Cocos2d to be 64 bit compliant as of February 2015.
2. Check the game is in Cocos2D
In this video tutorial, you first need to make sure that your game does really run with Cocos2D
3. Check your cocos2d game is not 64 bit
In this lecture, we're going to verify that your cocos2d game is not a 64 bit arm64 xcode project
4. Download cocos2d version 2 arm64 bits
In this video, we are going to download Cocos2d version 2 with arm64 bits compatibility
5. Removing the old cocos2d for iphone - part 1
We will now be removing the old cocos2d for iphone files from the xcode project
6. Adding new 64bit cocos2d for iphone - part 2
We will now add the new 64bit cocos2d for iphone files into the xcode project
7. Fix variable errors with 64 bit version
In this lecture, we will fix variable renaming errors with 64 bit version of cocos2d classic
8. Testing 64 bits in simulator for cocos2d iphone classic
We will now be testing 64-bit in simulator for cocos2d iphone classic
9. Fix arm neon kazmath math library errors
In this final tutorial, we will be fixing arm neon kazmath math library errors for arm 64 bits